Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for f

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for function groups
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 09:20:56 +0100

27 okt. 2020 kl. 23.02 skrev Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>:

> - I moved match-beginning and match-end to the new section "Match Data",
>  and moved it below "Looking in Buffers".

Perhaps 'match-string' belongs there too.

> - I added rx to the "Utilities" group.
>
> Perhaps I went a bit overboard with the rx example, but it's useful to
> just show off a bunch of syntax at a glance.  Let me know if it's too
> much though...

+   :eval (rx (| (* "f") (+ "o") (? "o")) (any "bar") (group "baz"))))

(any "bar") may be misleading since it looks like "bar" is a string to be
matched, but it is just the characters {a,b,r}.

(If you want to be complete, the rx family also includes rx-to-string,
rx-define, rx-let and rx-let-eval.)