Re: eww and bookmarks

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: eww and bookmarks
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 14:26:48 -0500

On 26 Oct 2020, Adam Porter wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Having recently put together a new package that uses bookmarks to
>restore windows and buffers, Burly[0], I tested bookmarks with EWW
>buffers, expecting them to be bookmarkable with Emacs bookmarks, but I
>found that they aren't.  Then I found this thread[1] from June about
>Michael's patch, which sounds great, but it doesn't seem to have been
>applied yet.
>
>Is there any chance it can make it into Emacs 28?  It seems a shame for
>EWW buffers to not work with Emacs's own bookmark system.
>
>Thanks to Michael, et al for your work on this patch.
>
>0: https://github.com/alphapapa/burly.el
>1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-06/msg00364.html

(+1 to the "Thanks to Michael" there!)

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-06/msg00304.html
  From: Michael Heerdegen
  To: Emacs Devel
  Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen
  Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 17:09:48 +0200

...but in that message he refers to some problems it still has.  There is
followup discussion in the thread in which he mentions further improvements,
but no revised patch as far as I can see.

So currently I'm not sure what patch we would review.  Michael, if you have a
newest & working version, please post.  (Or if you already have posted it, then
please let me know.  The way I searched was by looking at every subsequent post
from you, in that thread, since the above message.)

Best regards,
-Karl