Re: Reference to ‘alist’ in Emacs Lisp Manual without previous explanati

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Reference to ‘alist’ in Emacs Lisp Manual without previous explanation
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:40:58 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > If you are reading the manual in order, you should have read 2.4.6.3
>> > "Association List Type", where "alist" is explained, before you got to
>> > 2.4.12.  How come you didn't see that?
>>
>> I missed it completely while reading. Completely my fault. The manual is
>> absolute truth.
>
> Maybe you could tell how you missed that, and it will help us make
> this more prominent?

I tried to replay what I could have done, but could not find a way to
miss the topic. Usually, when I read sequencially, I use SPACE key to go
to next page. This cannot miss the section. And since this section
2.4.6.3 is at the same level as 2.4.6.2 I cannot miss it with ‘n’ as
well.

So, I guess, it just slipped from my mind.