Re: Proposal to include obligatory PGP verification of packages from any

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal to include obligatory PGP verification of packages from any repository
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 01:52:35 -0400

> I have not tried to study each point in your message -- there were so
> many -- but I noticed criticism of Savannah for not offering
> two-factor authentication.
>
> When I was asked to do this, I couldn't do it, because it depended on
> carrying a protable listening and surveillance device (aka cellular
> phone).

I don't see why: the way Gitlab does 2FA relies either on TOTP or
on a secure-key (such as the somu), neither of which requires
any kind of network correction (cellular or other).

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIDO2_Project
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-time_Password_algorithm

        Stefan