Re: Is emacs module acceptable in ELPA?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is emacs module acceptable in ELPA?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:57:39 +0300

* Immanuel Litzroth <immanuel.litzroth@gmail.com> [2020-10-19 10:27]:
> Is there way to make a package that is then using `make' and creating
> > module?
> There are some packages in Melpa that do this. They will compile the binary
> when the functionality is loaded in Emacs.
> https://github.com/akermu/emacs-libvterm
> https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools
> I think the package repos just have support for byte compiling .el files.
> Immanuel

Thank you.

By the way I do use emacs-libvterm as that is handling mutt mail
client in best manner. Emacs is missing maildir support, mutt is
handling maildir blazing fast, so I cannot without it. Since I started
using libvterm, term or ansi-term also improved, there were just few
bugs and it was improved, so I will switch back to ansi-term, I hope
it will work.

I did look into code of emacs-libvterm and I can see it tries to
compile the module, it does not succeed really, but it does say that
it was successful erroneously. Though concept inside seem to be good.

Would such module creation be accepted in GNU ELPA if authors agree?
They use cmake, and other build tools?