RE: empty-directory predicate, native implementation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: empty-directory predicate, native implementation
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:37:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I guess for purpose of tests and manual where I
> have used your regex, we can live with built-in one.

Yes, most likely.

> Please ignore my other mail; I sent it before I red the rest of resonses.

No problem.

> I am obviously to new here, so before I suggest something again :-), can
> I ask if you have already considered having a predicate as a filter
> function instead of regex? Is it considered as too much work to
> implement?

Is that a question for me?  If so, a predicate where,
in what context?

As I mentioned, the current uses of the regexp, in
Dired+ as in vanilla Dired, are just to pass to
`directory-files' as the MATCH argument.

There are also Dired+ and Dired functions that accept
a predicate as argument.  `diredp-get-files'
`diredp-get-subdirs', and `diredp-files-within', for
example.

What is it that you'd like to do/suggest?  Or are you
asking something about the predicate of this thread?