Re: Native-comp & seq.el

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Native-comp & seq.el
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 01:52:04 +0200

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> I have just pulled and recompiled the source, and I am getting following
>> error when I try to start new Emacs instance:
>>
>> (setf seq-elt) is already defined as something else than a generic function
>>
>> I also see lots of warnings I don't normally see when I compile native-comp
>> branch, is it just me, or something else?
>

> Mmmhh, could you try reverting 03dfa83dc3 and see if that's the cause?

Ok, I cloned git repo fresh and built it first without revert. Emacs
work but there are still some compile time warnings.

Then I reseted and compile. I couldn't revert, seems like there are some
uncommitted changes to lread.c; I am not sure, git complains about
loosing changes in lread.c; I didn't changed it. I just reseted and
Emacs again compiled, still with warnings but very few this time; I am
not sure if they have with native-comp to do though:

In c-add-syntax:
progmodes/cc-engine.el:12257:35: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’
progmodes/cc-engine.el:12257:35: Warning: assignment to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’

In c-append-syntax:
progmodes/cc-engine.el:12262:9: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’
progmodes/cc-engine.el:12262:36: Warning: assignment to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’

In c-add-stmt-syntax:
progmodes/cc-engine.el:12492:16: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’
 ELC+ELN   progmodes/cc-align.elc
 ELC+ELN   progmodes/cc-cmds.elc
 ELC+ELN   progmodes/cc-fonts.elc

In c-block-in-arglist-dwim:
progmodes/cc-align.el:126:24: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-context’

In c-lineup-arglist:
progmodes/cc-align.el:184:56: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-element’

In c-lineup-argcont:
progmodes/cc-align.el:226:45: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-element’

In c-lineup-arglist-close-under-paren:
progmodes/cc-align.el:297:40: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-element’

In c-lineup-close-paren:
progmodes/cc-align.el:358:40: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘c-syntactic-element’

In c-lineup-knr-region-comment:
progmodes/cc-align.el:685:39: Warning: reference to free variable