Re: non-local exits in redisplay

From: Akira Kyle
Subject: Re: non-local exits in redisplay
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 18:27:13 -0600

In `src/xdisp.c` there's things like `safe_call` (as well as
`safe_call1` and `safe_call2`) for that.

IIRC it uses the underlying condition-case machinery.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Now the natural follow up question: Is it ok to use the error functions which end up calling xsignal in redisplay when one is sure it won't cause this sort of infinite loop? In my testing it looks like the error message ends up displaying ok, but are there any other gotchas I should look out for here?

Akira