Re: Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 12:38:40 +0200

Le dim. 4 oct. 2020 à 05:38, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> a écrit :
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

  > I understand.  However, suspending Emacs is a very infrequent
  > operation these days, what with most everyone working in a windowed
  > environment.

It is not "very" infrequent, when running Emacs on a tty.  It is
somewhat infrequent.  It wouldn't bother me to type the character
twice on those occasions.

However, C-z and C-c are the standard ways to get out of a program,
and if neither of them works, people will get trapped in it.

If C-z C-z is the way to suspend, and the first C-z (when it echoes)
displays a message such as "To suspend Emacs, type C-z again now",
I think that will enable people to get out.

C-x C-z is not adequate for this.

The exact same arguments could apply to C-c being "replaced" by C-x C-c.