Commenting out some JSX code section with Emacs 27 js-mode

From: Christian Jauvin
Subject: Commenting out some JSX code section with Emacs 27 js-mode
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 15:07:05 -0400

Hi everyone,

When I comment out (`M-x comment-dwim`) some section of JSX code with the new js-mode in Emacs 27, it gives:

// <Grid rows={rows} columns={columns}>
//   <Table />
//   <TableHeaderRow />
// </Grid>

Is there any way to make js-mode behave like it does with rjsx-mode:

{/* <Grid rows={rows} columns={columns}> */}
{/*   <Table /> */}
{/*   <TableHeaderRow /> */}

Supposing that this is not currently possible, and that js-mode is really the way to go forward for JS/JSX code (from the older rjsx-mode and js2-mode, as I vaguely understand), where could I begin to study the code and possibly suggest a pull request to make it work? I tried to find a few tutorials dedicated to programming modes but it's not obvious how to adapt it to this particular problem.

Any help or advice would be appreciate,

Christian