Re: Native compilation: the bird-eye view

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Native compilation: the bird-eye view
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:01:22 +0000

Hi all,

debugging I discovered that on my system 'dlopen' can return the same
handle if two different shared with the same filename are loaded in two
different times (even if the first was deleted).  To prevent this
condition I added to the hashing algorithm that create the eln filename
the last modification time of the source being compiled.

This works but implies that once a source file is modified we have no
more possibility to remove the old eln in the eln-cache dir because we
loose its exact name.

I'm not sure this is a requirement as the eln-cache folders (except the
sys one) can even be deleted in every moment as the regenerate as
necessary, but in case is a requirement we'll have to come-up with a
different solution.

Thanks

  Andrea

--