Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:05:51 +0100

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 5:11 PM Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:
The alternative is to register an 'Emacs' app, do the hoop jumping,
and stick the various secret tokens in the Emacs sources, but as I
understand it thatʼs expressly forbidden by Google's terms-of-use
(correct me if Iʼm wrong, I haven't read them).

Thanks for the clear explanation. I suppose this will affect mbsync/isync
as well. Is it very hard to design a program that periodically does
all that "hoop jumping" for me and and writes to ~/.authinfo or to
pass(1)'s password store?

Iʼm starting to agree with Stefan here: maybe itʼs time to start using
a different email provider.

Maybe. But, sorry for the naive question, do you plan to throw
the gmail address away?

João,
who had just gotten mbsync/gnus working decently some months ago