Re: master 5044c19 2/2: project.el: A project has only one main root now

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 5044c19 2/2: project.el: A project has only one main root now
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 22:06:07 +0300

On 25.05.2020 20:17, João Távora wrote:
However, it is breaking Eglot's tests.  Why?  Well Eglot runs its tests
against master and has recently decided to make every warning a test
failure (and project-roots is an obsoleted variable).

I like this idea on paper, but pretty sure you're going to have this situation again. Some obsolete functions will remain outside of core packages, right? And yet necessary to support older Emacs releases.

Perhaps Eglot should do neighter of those things, but perhaps if you
bumped the version in project.el to 0.3.0 then Eglot could just start
relying on that.  Or aren't you confident enough in this new API?

I'll bump it now. There will be other breakages in the future, though. ;)