Re: Copyright verification service

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Copyright verification service
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 09:58:42 +0200

Hi Tim,

I've toyed with this idea myself for a while.

I don't know if it is a good idea for the GNU project in general, but
as someone who sometimes need to check the copyright status of some
contributors for Org/Emacs, the current setup is fine for me.

Although, I don't think authentication would be optional as we should
by default assume that the list of signed contributors should be kept
private, shouldn't we?

If the authentication system is mandatory then it raises the larger
question of maintaining a system that needs security monitoring, and
I'm pretty sure the current resources are too scarce for this... but
maybe not.

2 cents,

--
 Bastien