Re: Review a blog post about emacs-devel

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Review a blog post about emacs-devel
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 00:04:07 -0400

Please forgive me for taking so long to respond.  In late
October email started was pouring in on me, and I am still
500 messages backlogged.  I just saw your message today.

  > > Please don't promote Emacs Lisp packages that we don't have papers
  > > to include in Emacs or GNU ELPA.  That includes Magit.

  > What's the rationale for that recommendation?

Am inducement for package developers to sign copyright assighments.
Cooperation for cooperation.

However, I think we will change this.  Since you sent that message we
have started planning a package archive of non-assigned packages, so
we will soon be willing to recommend any package which qualifies to be
in that archive.

That would include Magit.  However, since Magit is so popular
we would like to put it in GNU ELPA or the core.

--
Dr Richard Stallman