Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:22:56 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> But anyway, they could be supported by Flymake diagnostics. Or
>> some other abstraction for supporting "interesting regions".
>
> Not sure all "code actions" have some pre-defined regions.

It's complicated.  You request them for a region, but you also give them
"context", which _are_ the diagnostics.  Then you get back a big list of
code-actions that apply to that region, and normally they come back with
specific pointers back to the diagnostics they "resolve".

>> It could, but "Eglot", as Stefan pointed out, sounds unnecessarily
>> peculiar and foreign.
> *shrug* I like it.

I mean, I like it too, that's why I came up with it :-)  It's certainly
googleable.  But you asked about Rudi's assertion of "first class
support".  For me, first class means to having a quirky name for it,
it's just there.

João