Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 21:41:19 +0200

> Then it seems like I was right: there's no need for users who want to
> produce documents with Org to be proficient in the Org syntax.  Right?

Yes it's probably sufficient to know the commands and let the text flow
the way it likes.

(I.e. pretty much the way AUCTeX works. I know people back in the 80-ies
and 90-ies who needed to write LaTeX and became emacs users solely
becaause of AUCTeX)

(in both cases, understanding the syntax helps both in understanding
what goes on, and in navigating)