feature/native-comp, comp-deferred-compilation: no recompilation when .e

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: feature/native-comp, comp-deferred-compilation: no recompilation when .elc newer than .eln?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:10:24 +0200

Dear Andrea, emacs developers,

I gave feature/native-comp in combination with
`comp-deferred-compilation` a try.  I use org-mode from git
master and it's .elc files eventually were compiled to .eln
files.  Works like a charm.

Then I updated org-mode (make update) since there was a (for
me) important bug fix.  Now org.elc is newer than org.el
which in turn is newer than org.eln.

But nonetheless the org.eln file does not get re-created
according from the newer org.elc file.

Is this on purpose?

Ciao; Gregor
--