Re: make-vector documentation is wrong

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: make-vector documentation is wrong
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 23:34:12 -0700

On 5/14/20 8:41 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I can't see any strong argument either for making sure (vector) returns
> a fresh object nor for enforcing that it always returns the same object,
> so I'd favor a documentation that says both things are valid

Other parts of the documentation already refer to "the empty vector" and "the
empty string", implying that there is only one of each. Should they be rephrased
too? This would require quite a bit of rewording.

Emacs currently has exactly two empty strings (one unibyte and one multibyte),
so the phrase "the empty string" is wrong for the current implementation anyway.

It is a bit of a mess....