Re: Consistent vanilla Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Consistent vanilla Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 23:25:10 +0300

On 14.05.2020 23:19, João Távora wrote:
Aren't some ELPA packages to be bundled with the pre-packaged
Emacs thingamabob?

But then it will either be enabled by default (effectively replacing whatever we have in the core now, so we might as well do it), or disabled, and thus failing to benefit the users who just launched Emacs for the first time.

> And I thought it would affect other aspects not only the startup screen.

Let's consider this part separately, it will just confuse the discussion.

But where it simply changes a default value (like indent-tabs-mode), and we agree that the new value is good, we should again just change the default.