Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 12:55:54 -0400

On 13/05/2020 12.01, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>>  address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>>  address@hidden
>> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 11:16:50 -0400
>>
>>> If you suggest publishing part of the _data_ in each entry, then this
>>> should work in principle, but (a) "Someone" needs to do the work of
>>> setting this up
>>
>> I've sent an implementation ^^ I'm happy to write the code if code is
>> needed, it's the specs that I don't know :)
>
> I meant to set this up on gnu.org machines.  The hard part is to
> extract the data that can be published, I think (and maybe even to
> decide which part is that).
>
> Anything's possible, but a volunteer who'd do all that is still
> needed.  As always with Emacs (and GNU in general).

Yes, of course: again, I'm happy to write the code and set thip up on gnu.org
machines, if someone can clarify which data can be exposed.
But in another thread Noam was suggesting that it's enough to just ask the
contributor whether they have an assignment, so maybe this is all moot for
future commits?