Re: Questions about throw-on-input

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Questions about throw-on-input
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 21:23:15 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Alexander Miller <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 19:39:22 +0200
>
> And while we are on the topic of threads, I wonder what is the
> maintainers' opinion on https://nullprogram.com/blog/2018/05/31/,
> specifically this part:
>
>  > Update: ThreadSanitizer (TSan) quickly shows that Emacs’ threading
>  > implementation has many data races, making it completely
>  > untrustworthy. Until this is fixed, nobody should use Emacs threads
>  > for any purpose, and threads should disabled at compile time.

All true, except that the last sentence is the author's personal
opinion, of course, not a fact.  That and the "untrustworthy" thing,
which is completely out of place.

If someone thinks he or she can fix those races, I invite them to do
so ASAP, such changes will be very welcome.  I had my share if messing
with that.