Re: PL support

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 10:58:50 -0400

> Does that mean a external-tool.el that automatically downloads executables is
> not viable?

No (after all, that's exactly what `gnu-elpa` does with GNU ELPA packages).

I wouldn't want such a download to happen completely transparently, no,
but it could definitely be an option after asking the user if they want
to do that (where the question makes it clear what is being downloaded
and from where).

        Stefan