Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces

From: Vladimir Sedach
Subject: Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 10:46:23 -0700

Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:
> E function defined with flet is in the lexical scope, here we are
> talking about global variables.

Well, the symbols are in the global obarray, but the namespace system
can resolve them to variable bindings in a lexical way.

When you first brought up the idea of namespacing over bindings, and
called your proposal lexspaces, I thought this would be similar to how
most (all?) Scheme module systems work: the namespace system resolves
symbols (globally visible an EQ) to bindings in a lexical way (scoped
to the module definition and resolvable at compile-time). The words
used were the same, and I assumed you were coming at this from a
Scheme angle.

--
Vladimir Sedach
Software engineering services in Los Angeles https://oneofus.la