Re: [ELPA] New package: inform

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: inform
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 11:38:58 +0200

>   > This library provides links of symbols (functions, variables, faces)
>   > within Emacs' Info viewer to their help documentation.
>
> It sounds good in principle, but what does a "link" look like

Thanks, attached a PNG visualisation of the current state in reversed
colour.

> concretely?  Does it look like Info cross references, or is it different?

I think it is helpful (and possibly less confusing) to distinguish these
links from the regular "Info links".

> How do you follow one of these links?

Currently you can use the same keys and mouse clicks to follow and open
them as for the Info links.  I feel this is intuitively and is working
well in practice.

(I'm considering the idea of Drew Adams to close the appearing *Help*
window with a second click or <RET> press, though I've no idea how to
achieve this at the moment.)

    Dieter

--
Best wishes