Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: A prototype for a binding based approach to proper namespaces
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 16:43:43 -0700

On May 8, 2020 1:49:05 PM Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

given the ongoing discussion on namespaces I thought was interesting to
try out a prototype to reason on.

I wrote a short page explaining what I did and how it is implemented:

https://akrl.sdf.org/lexspaces/lexspaces.html

It's a quick hack, certainly many pieces are missing, is potentially a
very bad idea, but I'd be interested in opinions.

If the set of imports is known at compile time, why do we need to pay the runtime cost of the binding? If we adopt the short prefix alias approach proposed elsewhere, we don't have the problem of bare symbol aliasing.

 Andrea

--
address@hidden