Re: Presentation of the Emacs community outside emacs-devel

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Presentation of the Emacs community outside emacs-devel
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 18:49:08 +0200

> > With this email my goal is for the "emacs-devel" ecosystem to realise
> > a bit that a lot is happening outside, and that these people usually
> > know about you but sometimes it looks like it's not the case the other
> > way around. I hope I am mistaken and that many of you already know
> > about these people/libraries and amazing work done out there.
>
> FTR, I knew about all of the people you mentioned (and then some) and
> their contributions/projects, and I think we are fortunate to have
> them working on "Emacs at large".

Great! As I said in my introduction this was mainly for Richard.

Maybe my message will turn out to be useless, but I sometimes get the
impression there's a disconnect between emacs-devel and the Emacs
users community so I tried to show that what happens "outside" (sorry
cannot find a better term) is huge in terms of investment.

Philippe