Re: Two column editing

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Two column editing
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 06:42:55 -0400

On Tue, 5 May 2020 at 06:28, Jean-Christophe Helary
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I say kind of because one line that has a slightly longer string left-hand is
> not split at all even though it is a pure TSV file.
>
> When I split based on that line, then the other lines are not split.
>
> So, that's one bug I did not expect...

The docstring says  "Only lines that have the ARG same preceding
characters at that column get split." so I think that is to be
expected.

> Have you tried that with the new tab-bar/line mode ?

I did try after doing M-x tab-bar-mode and it still worked fine. I
tried now also after M-x tab-line-mode and it works, although the tab
line messes up the alignment since it's only on the left-hand buffer.