Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 09:17:13 +0200

> I haven't seen a clear proposal.  And I don't
> know that anything has been rejected.  The
> discussion has been rather mixed and somewhat
> unclear, IMO.
>
> I suggested that any proposed name changes
> (including aliases) be submitted (and tracked)
> as bug/enhancement requests.
>
> And I'm not aware that anything has been rejected.
> If you submit them as a bug report (or bug reports,
> if they're not very related) then it will be clear
> if the bug gets fixed, stalls, or is closed as
> won't fix.

Well I thought I did a concrete proposal on `string-` and I'm thinking
that if I made the same proposal throught the bug tracker I'd get the
same answers.

Anyway, I'll try if you tell me that's how I'd do it. I'm a bit
reluctant because I hoped that we'd do this all together here and
reach some form of consensus with rough guidelines like "yes I think
for A, B, & C it makes sense, for D & E not so much" and thus the real
concrete proposal would already be pretty accurate.

I'll make a bug report anyway and we'll see how it goes. Should it be
already patches or just a message with "new aliases / new api"
sections like I did a few emails above in that thread?