Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 17:30:52 +0300

> From: Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 22:30:49 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>, Emacs
> developers <address@hidden>
>
> When I see this it only confuses me. Sure those are great tools to find
> things in a broad sense, but there are
> so much noise that you have to filter. The only relevant functions I'd like
> to find are:
>
> assoc, rassoc, assq, alist-get, rassq, assoc-default, copy-alist,
> assq-delete-all, assoc-delete-all,
> rassq-delete-all

How is Emacs supposed to know that only these are expected, and all
the rest are "noise"?  Here are a few other functions related to
alists that might be what you are looking for:

  alist-get
  nested-alist-p
  set-nested-alist

And that's just in "emacs -Q".

If we want more spot-on results, we should improve our completion
scoring.