Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: 조성빈
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 03:40:35 +0900

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> 작성:

On 02.05.2020 18:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
just having a string-concat alias could improve the situation.
But concat is not only about strings.  Will we have 3 different
aliases?  And what ab out the case where each argument is of a
different type?

BTW, speaking solely of concat, the return value is always a string.

So a 'string-' prefix can make sense from that perspective anyway.

IMO a type prefix mostly makes sense when

* the function has a central argument(s) both with the types
* constructor/factory/init functions

And a type suffix makes sense when the function returns the type.

So, if I would rename concat, it would be concat-to-string.