Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 21:30:02 +0300

> From: 조성빈 <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 03:10:50 +0900
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden,
>  address@hidden

> >> Nope, way too slow.
> >
> > Is that the only problem? then let's speed it up, and Bob's our uncle.
>
> My understanding is that slow here means that opening a new *Apropos*
> buffer is an small, but additional mental burden when writing code, and
> it slows down writing code.

How is that different from having *Completions* pop up instead?

And how is looking up the function you need a "burden", when any
modern IDE provides some way of showing the possible candidates for
what you want to do next?  I say it isn't a burden, it's an integral
part of writing code nowadays.

> > Of course not!  I'm saying that "regular naming" will increase the
> > length of the candidate list.
>
> The regular naming scheme will mean that we can only search functions that
> start with regexp - since the searcher doesn’t need grep-regexp-alist or
> gmm-regexp-concat when trying to get regexp APIs.

Do they need rx, as just one example?