Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:30:43 +0300

On 30.04.2020 15:38, address@hidden wrote:
And when people react ("hell, no!"), you're offended and drive deeper
in your denial of the "other side's" points.

When offended people overreact and make up strawmen, that's when the discussion is derailed.

It's very hard to move forward (at all) if nobody creates proposals on "how we should be doing things better", or if they are actively shunned. And it's on us, as a community, to be able to discuss them constructively, on the merits.

FWIW, my position is we don't need to change everything, especially not the low-level functions (car and aref are fine; seq.el and map.el provide good generic replacements), but the problem is real. And "you can use the index in the manual" is not a good replacement for consistent naming conventions.