Re: emacs for pure Gtk3

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: emacs for pure Gtk3
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:01:44 +0200

    Yuuki> Hi,
    Yuuki> You may know, I ported emacs for pure Gtk3, especially for wayland
native.

    Yuuki> https://github.com/masm11/emacs

    Yuuki> I created a new window-system, pgtk, which doesn't use libX11
directly.

    Yuuki> What do you think? I want to merge to mainline.

I took a look at it, it works well for me here. One issue I noticed is
that the offsets when creating child-frames are being interpreted
relative to the screen, rather than the parent frame, ie code like
this (from
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-01/msg00343.html>)
produces a frame in the top left corner of the screen, not at 50+50
from the top left corner of the frame.

    (defun open-test (buffer)
      (display-buffer-in-child-frame
       buffer '((child-frame-parameters