Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 10:41:24 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 00:22:39 -0400
>>
>> On 24/04/2020 23.11, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> > But we could maintain a list of people who have signed the paperwork,
>> > built from publicly available information, i.e. from the Git log of
>> > emacs.git and elpa.git.  While not being on that list wouldn't be
>> > a guarantee that paperwork is needed, it would still be helpful,
>> > I think.
>> >
>> > Any taker?
>>
>> git log --format="%aE" | sort | uniq ?
>
> This needs to be audited to exclude people who don't have assignment.

I suppose listing committer instead of author would do it
(--format="%cE"), since we're literally only interested in who can
commit. That lists 356 unique committers -- obviously manual checking is
still necessary, but that's the right place to start? The same command
run in the ELPA repository gives 426 committers.