Info viewer: Links to symbol documentation

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Info viewer: Links to symbol documentation
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 22:38:53 +0200

Hello Emacs

I think that info documentation would be even better if there were links
to the function and variable documentation along the line of
help-mode.el.  As a proof of concept I extended info.el so that Emacs'
Info viewer exhibits links to most symbol definitions (when they are
`quoted' in the documentation).

When looking at a few Elisp and Emacs pages the verbosity and redundancy
of these automatic links seems not to be disturbing or too distracting.

Maybe this draft can be extended so that references to customisation
buffers are working as well (as is asked for in the TODO file)...

What are your ideas?

     Dieter
--
Best wishes