Re: Scrolling commands and skipping redisplay, was: Re: emacs rendering

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Scrolling commands and skipping redisplay, was: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:27:33 +0300

On 20.04.2020 20:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
No.  If you type C-n twice fast enough, Emacs will behave the same as
if you type C-2 C-n.

That's the bug.

If you type these two commands quickly so that there's no intervening
redisplay, Emacs_will_  behave the same, and I would expect it to.

It will behave differently from the "normal" case. Which is when there is an intervening redisplay.

And I don't see any point in continue arguing about this, since we
have very different expectations and different perspective.  Let's
agree to disagree.

It's your prerogative, but IMHO it's one of the "papercut" bugs that mar the initial user experience for people who come from other text editors (with existing expectations).