Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:26:54 +0200

On 2020-04-16, at 18:27, Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> wrote:

> My personal config has the tool bar turned off.

Same here, though I would not force that to new users.  (Recommend,
perhaps.)

Interestingly, I am almost sure that the toolbar was turned off by
default when I started using Emacs (v18 or 19, I don't remember).  IIRC,
when after some upgrade the toolbar appeared, I turned it off at once.
Does that seem possible or is my memory wrong?

OTOH, I learned Emacs by first using the tutorial and then reading most
of the manual, so I probably have a rather atypical history wrt that.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl