Re: GDI+ take 3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GDI+ take 3
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:33:59 +0300

> From: Juan José García-Ripoll
>  <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 12:04:39 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'd like to install these changes, but some parts seem to be missing,
> > see above.  Could you please post the missing parts (or the entire
> > changeset, if that is more convenient)?
>
> Apologies for the corrupted patch. Here it goes, I hope, in a complete form.

Thanks, I've installed this now on the master branch, with some
changes to enable switching this feature on and off at runtime.
Building with this feature available is now ON by default, but to
actually use the feature, one needs to turn it on at runtime by
setting the new variable w32-use-native-image-API to a non-nil value.

There's a FIXME in w32image.c: in my testing the call to
GdipImageGetFrameCount in w32_select_active_frame always fails with
status Win32Err, I couldn't understand why.  Did I goof with some of
my changes on top of yours?  For now, I simply disregarded that
particular error; the code seems to work fine otherwise (but
multiframe images will probably not work as expected).  Could you
please look into this and see what could be causing this?

There's another FIXME in w32image.c that asks about including the
objidl.h header.  I didn't need that in my mingw.org's MinGW build,
but maybe MinGW64 builds do.

Testing and bug reports about this new feature are welcome.

Thanks again for working on this and for persevering.