Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-27 38f7538 1/2: New function erc-switch-to-buffe

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-27 38f7538 1/2: New function erc-switch-to-buffer-other-window
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:59:10 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Amin Bandali <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:12:34 -0400
>>
>> I think the changes are simple yet useful enough to be in emacs-27;
>> though in hindsight, the master branch may have been a better place for
>> them.  That said, if you or others spot any issues with them, I'd be
>> more than happy to try and address them, or even revert them if needed.
>
> The danger is that we release Emacs 27.1 with some problem caused by
> these changes undetected.  But if you think this danger is small, I
> guess I'm okay with that.
>
> Thanks.

Makes sense.  In this specific case, I really do think the danger is
small, as I didn't make any changes to the implementation logic for
either of the two original functions, and the two new functions only
differ from the original ones in using `switch-to-buffer-other-window'.
That said if there is anything unclear or suspicious-looking about my
changes, please let me know and I will revert them and apply them to
master instead.

Thanks,
amin