Re: Request for pointers and advice: displaying several buffers inside a

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Request for pointers and advice: displaying several buffers inside a single window
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 01:46:59 +0800

> I don't think I understand what you mean by "segments of text".
> Buffer text is just a long C array of 'char' in Emacs.

I mean that buffer text in indirect buffer is a pointer to the first
element of the C array containing the text in master buffer (or
something similar). Similarly, the pointer can be created to nth element
of array. Thus, "segment" of text starting from some non-zero position
in the master buffer can be automatically synchronised with the master
buffer.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
PhD,