Re: On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 21:48:11 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> That might mean 32-bit build of Emacs will fail to compile Lisp files.
> Did you try building a 32-bit Emacs with native compilation of Lisp?

To update on the 32bit subject.

With what I've pushed today is working for me on x86_32bit with and
without wide int.

I tried bootstrapping and compiling a full Emacs at speed 2 but I got an
error for virtual memory exhaustion.

I sucessfully compiled at speed 2 the image dumped files and all the
remaing at speed 0 tho.

I guess managing to tune GCC could help memory consumption too but I
think I'll look into it after having finished what is still missing.

Andrea

--
address@hidden