Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 19:16:05 +0000

Hi.
>> What's the difference between redisplay being slow and it being
>> unable to "keep up"? I don't understand, sorry.

Eli> That's not the important difference.  The important difference is
Eli> that you want the input processed faster, without waiting for
Eli> slow redisplay.

I remember the other day someone on this list. Having a very similar
issue as described above. Eli mentioned something about his graphic
card. But. It happens to me, when I have mesa-git with glamor
enabled. Whet I create an
emacs lucid frame and move to the scratch buffer and I write the
character 'w' (and also other identified characters but 'w' is the worst
case) that character is duplicated and also emacs lags for a few
seconds. It happens also with emacs23. On those cases I fire up qemacs or
xemacs or sxemacs those do not have the same issue.

Best Regards