Re: emacs-tree-sitter and Emacs

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: emacs-tree-sitter and Emacs
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 14:17:22 -0400

As mentioned in some other message, this design becomes inefficient when
you have two windows displaying a large buffer, one display near the end,
and the other near the beginning, and you make changes at the beginning
of the buffer.  I haven't seen any performance bug-reports or complaints
about it, so it appears that those circumstances are very rare.

Or you open a buffer and jumps to point-max, which I assume isn’t that rare. OTOH if the whole buffer has been parsed, this two-window setup shouldn’t be slow when making changes because incremental parsing is fast, and we don’t need to re-parse the whole buffer.

Yuan