Text garbling

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Text garbling
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 18:30:53 -0700

Look at the exciting thing that happened to my Emacs this afternoon! A
few letters were switched out for other letters, and most numbers went
"off". This happened as I set off a list-package upgrade, switched away
to a different program, and then switched back.

https://ericabrahamsen.net/garbled.jpg

In that screenshot I'd done "C-u C-x =" on a capital "R", which was
displaying as a capital "P".

I'm running Emacs master on Arch linux, using the Wayland protocol with
the sway window manager.

Everything seemed to work fine (including input), just text displayed
wrong.

It went away after a restart. I guess I'd be surprised if the problem
came back, and I'm not really expecting any bug hunting here. But I
thought it might be useful to log what happened. Happy to provide any
other information of interest.

Eric