Fix MIME email mml-generate-mime limitation

From: Jérémy Compostella
Subject: Fix MIME email mml-generate-mime limitation
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:51:46 -0700

Hi,

I have been working around a strange limitation of the
`mml-generate-mime' function for a while.  This function limits
the expansion (images inclusion) to MML tree with only one
entry. For instance, if you want to include a "plain/text" along
with a "text/html" the expansion (inclusion of images) will not
be performed on the "text/html". This limitation does not make.

It prevents to use MML expansion for simple use-cases like:
- PGP sign a "text/html" email with images
- Include a "text/plain" along with a "text/html" with images
- Have both images and attachements with a "text/html"

I have been working this around for a while in my `org-msg'
module (see https://github.com/jeremy-compostella/org-msg) but
this module is getting more and more popular and I receive more
and more tickets for which the actual fix would be to fix the
`mml-generate-mime' function.

I fixed it and sent an email/patch in January to the emacs-bug
mailing list because it looks like a bug to me.  It did not get a
lot of attention (see "Expand text/html regardless of it position
in the MIME tree" on emacs-bug).

I would really appreciate to see the patch in attachement
reviewed and merged. I already got some patches merged in the
Emacs project in the past so there should not be any paperwork
required.

Regards,
Jeremy

--