Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 16:09:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> I was more into temporarily inhibiting all the
>> timers (for whatever reason may be needed too, e.g. what Michael faces).
>>   Would be cool to support both of course.
>
> Micheal actually wanted to inhibit all timers but hos own, AFAIU.

More precisely, I wanted to make Tramp primitives being protected
against other Tramp primitives called from timers, process sentinels and
filters, etc. Meanwhile, I found another approach protecting Tramp
against shooting itself into the knee; I don't insist any longer for
disabling all timers for the benefit of Tramp.

Best regards, Michael.