Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 20:48:07 +0200

> From: Yuan Fu <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 13:36:34 -0500
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> The problem is in gud.el: it uses display-buffer instead of
> gdb-display-source-buffer. When you step, `gud-display-line` runs and calls
> display-buffer. My patch makes it use `gdb-display-source-buffer`.

If the problem is in gud.el, then we must think about the other users
of that code, like "M-x gud-gdb".  gdb-display-source-buffer is
specific to gdb-mi.el.  And I see that as part of your patch you've
removed the test of gud-minor-mode being gdbmi, which is probably not
TRT.

Also, what happens if the function into which you step is already
displayed in some other window?