Re: Some ideas with Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Some ideas with Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 00:12:35 +0000

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2019-11-29 13:58, Michael Albinus wrote:
>> Personally, I don't like docstring to be too verbose. Usually, when a
>> function is documented with both docstrings and a manual, I prefer to
>> put the examples in the manual.
>
> I very seldom look at the ELisp manual, mostly because I don't think
> of it; one thing that would be great would be if there were links to
> the manual from the docstrings for functions that are covered in both.

Agree.  There are some already.  But many many more would be needed

Though wouldn't that unnecessarily spam the docstrings?  Perhaps we
could automatically mark a .el file as documented in a specific node of
the manual and make that node automatically be referenced as "read
more about this in node..."  in the docstring.

João