Re: Why fido, icycles, ido, icomplete

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Why fido, icycles, ido, icomplete
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 22:34:26 +0000

> So much for an unintelligible package :-)

Hey, versus 600 lines of a package that plays along with every part
of Emacs I can name, yes, it's unintelligible.

Which is not to say it isn't great.

But I can say that I had a long list of ido hacks myself (for imenu,
for completion-at-point, etc).  Even SLY in some situations falls back
to ido when it doesn't find anything else.  Don't knock me, I'm was
a fellow IDOer for a long long time. I hope you or someone can
bring all that neat stuff  to Emacs so it can be shared with other
completion frontends.

João